Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Colin again

Today I was lucky enough to listen to my second lecture given by Colin McDowell..this time within my own 20th Century Fashion module. A highly entertaining and involved presentation about his thoughts and views on the subject, had everyone listening intently. Growing up reading the Sunday Times Style magazine (I used to collect the 'Fashion Moment' pages!) and having previously seen Colin in conversation with Donatella Versace, this was an inspiring hour for me, particularly as my favourite designer is John Galliano, and a lot of the lecture was spent discussing his amazing contribution to the fashion industry.
I managed to snap a quick phone picture at the beginning of the lecture, of Colin with David, the head of fashion at Leeds University..




But I think this picture just sums the whole thing up...




Wow.



Images from my camera/s.

10 comments:

Anoushka said...

aww, i think it's great you got him to do that! :)
(and that phone pic is amazing quality) x

HungryCaterpillar said...

Immense!

michelle_ said...

woah ! what an awesome opportunity to meet a guy like him ! and glad that he could your little card there :)

you're awesome !
i wish i could've heard his lecturer there !

Unlikely You said...

Cool to meet your idol!

Allegra said...

sounds awesome! love your blog!

Analisa said...

Haha you're so lucky you got take those pictures!

discotheque confusion said...

you're so lucky to have had a lecture with him, I'd be interested to know what he had to say.

Camilla said...

Your blog is amazing- and your header from London fashion week is beautiful- I was also at that fashion show! xxx Camilla

Rainbowpavingstones.blogpot.com

Iñaki said...

he came to LCF last week and it was amazing, very inspiring. He mention how he'd been up there. :)

xx

Cat said...

haha he's such a legend, well done for getting the photo of him :)